Developing community partnerships
We support a number of programs and projects designed to address specific needs identified by our partners in Indigenous communities within our operational areas.
Indigenous Partnerships -
Koorie Heritage Trust
Creating employment opportunities
We believe that an inclusive culture that values diversity of thought and different ways of working results in all employees being more engaged, motivated and productive. We are proud to work with CareerTrackers, developing opportunities to host Indigenous interns.
Supplying Low Aromatic Fuel (LAF)
In partnership with the Federal Government’s National Indigenous Australians Agency, Viva Energy is proud to manufacture and supply Low Aromatic Fuel (LAF) to northern Australia. Research shows that the introduction of LAF has resulted in a 95.2% reduction in petrol sniffing among communities surveyed since 2007.
Learn more about our Low Aromatic Fuel
Working with Supply Nation, we continue to focus on Indigenous procurement in many different ways:
- Working with indigenous consulting services to develop our RAP.
- Commissioning our RAP artwork and Shell V8 motorsports car livery.
- Employing indigenous printing services and stationery suppliers.
- Signing a contract with Weipa Bulk Fuels (a joint venture between Indigenous owned and operated Northern Haulage Diesel Service and non-Indigenous Cambridge Gulf Limited) for the delivery of LAF to the Weipa township.
- Signing a contract with Nakula Marine Services, a private business based in Broome that is 100 percent Indigenous owned and operated, to provide services in bunkers, tankers, gardening and cleaning.
- Purchasing Indigenous artworks for our offices.
- Catering for numerous events.