Fuel Quality Claims Process
Viva Energy Australia is at the forefront of fuels innovation in Australia and is committed to providing you with high quality fuel for your vehicle.
A customer who believes that there was a quality issue with fuel purchased at a Shell Coles Express branded service station, Shell branded service station or Shell Truck Stop, and that the quality issue caused damage to the customer’s vehicle, may make a claim in accordance with this Process.
This Fuel Quality Claims Process covers the following Shell fuels:
- Shell Unleaded 91;
- Shell Unleaded 95;
- Shell Premium Unleaded 98;
- Shell Unleaded E10 (94 RON);
- Shell Unleaded 91 Low Aromatic;
- Shell Diesel Extra;
- Shell Diesel;
- Shell V-Power Diesel;
- Shell V-Power Premium Unleaded 98; and
- Shell AutoGas (LPG),
which are purchased at Shell Coles Express branded service stations, Shell branded service stations and Shell Truck Stops.
How to make a claim
- Call Viva Energy’s Customer Service Centre on 13 16 18 (Option 4) or
- Submit your details online (select Product enquiry from drop down list)
Viva Energy’s appointed claims handling company, Broadspire, will investigate claims and endeavour to respond to claimants within 30 days of submission of the required information/documents.
Important information required for your claim
Claimants must submit the following information/documents to Broadspire, as soon as possible so that they can properly assess the claim on behalf of Viva Energy:
- Details of the purchase (including service station/Truck Stop location, date and time of purchase, type of fuel product, volume purchased and price paid).
- Make and model of the vehicle (including year of manufacture).
- Description of the vehicle damage claimed.
- Total amount claimed, separately showing the amount claimed for repairs and any other direct costs, e.g. towing.
- Proof of product purchase and copies of all receipts to support any other claims.
- A detailed quote from a reputable mechanic to repair the vehicle damage claimed. (In some cases, a second quote may be required by Viva Energy).
- Proof of any direct and reasonable expenses incurred in making a claim.
If, having investigated the claim, Viva Energy accepts that there was a quality issue with the product in question for which Viva Energy is responsible, and that the quality issue caused damage to the claimant’s vehicle, Viva Energy will:
- reimburse the fair and reasonable costs of repairing vehicle damage directly caused by the quality issue;
- reimburse the reasonable and direct expenses incurred in making a claim; and
- reimburse the retail cost of the product.
Viva Energy may require claimants to sign a Deed of Release as a condition of Viva Energy reimbursing these costs, as acceptance of the amount paid being in full and final settlement of the claim.
Please note that claims will not be considered unless the vehicle manufacturer has recommended that the fuel product in question is suitable for use in the claimant’s vehicle, and the vehicle has had a regular service history.
The benefits claimants receive under this warranty are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under consumer protection law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Process is issued by Viva Energy Australia Limited (ABN 46 004 610 459) of 720 Bourke Street, Docklands, Victoria, 3008.